Friday, August 26, 2011

The EQ Interview - Top Mistakes - 1

We're not always superman.

ME – ME – ME – If I’m interviewing someone, I certainly want to hear about a person’s accomplishments. But, I’m also very interested in how a person frames his or her accomplishments. If it’s all about ME, then I have to wonder… “Does this person ever acknowledge others and the contribution that others make toward his or her success?” I’m looking for an occasional mention of “team” of “helpful colleague” or “helpful boss or mentor” otherwise, I’m concerned that I’m hiring someone whose only view is of self. I’d like to hear that without asking the person if others were involved in the success. If I have to ask, then I’m concerned that it isn’t something that the person values.

No comments:

Post a Comment